Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Fry Up


One of the hardest things about moving to a new city is no-longer having your trusty eating spots to visit on the regular. I often miss my hidden gems throughout Toronto and NYC that are always delicious and CHEAP, but I am slowly beginning to discover great cheap eats in LDN.

The boy and I were walking along Portobello Road last weekend craving a good ol' English Fry Up and went to an off-street cafe called MIKE's by recommendation. The breakfast was AMAZING and only 5.95! Unlike most, this breakfast was massive and not too greasy. Also, the free coffee we got wasn't a disgusting brew that had been sitting around since 6am, it was a delicious latte. This place is my new breakfast spot and I highly recommend a visit if you are in the area.

The picture below is from Borough Market. I had been working right next to the market for three days while helping Becca & Beth but never had a chance to go in until after my last day. Unfortunately I am super lame and always forget/am too lazy to take pictures so the one and only that the boy took is the best I've got but definitely does not do the market justice! It is filled with an amazing farmer's market and tons of cool food vendors. There is a vast array of lunch choices for both meat, sweets and veggie lovers for under 5 pounds as well. Nearest tube stop is London Bridge, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment