Thursday, April 14, 2011

Designer Bikinis In A Click


We are now officially half way through April, and with all the long weekends coming up, as well as summer months just around the corner, it is safe to say that bikini season is here.

The holiday and beach wardrobe is not one to dismiss when it comes to updating it with fresh pieces per trip and season - you definitely don't want to end up that chick by the pool wearing a tankini from her junior-high years! And for those of us who love designer fashion, but don't always have the funds to invest in new seasonal runway pieces, swimwear is a great way to get your hands on your favourite designer labels for no more than a couple hundred dollars.

Behold my latest discovery, the Net-a-Porter of swimwear - Clickini.com!

Clickini is home to a wide-range of mega chic designer beach wear, with a strong focus on the bikini. Labels sold include: Norma Kamali, Lisa Marie Fernandez, Chloe, Jil Sander, Melissa Odabash, Heidi Klein, Bronzette (a favourite of Carine Roitfeld) and many more.

Shopping for a new bikini so early in the season can be quite stressful, especially when your body isn't exactly in tip-top bikini-ready shape. Put your hands up if you've endured the stressful, time-consuming and often humiliating experience of shopping for new swim gear in a shop with bad lighting, bad mirrors and a an annoying sales girl coaxing you out of your change room. My hand is most certainly up.

Well, the nightmare is over - I clicked my way through all of their styles from the comfort of my own computer (while fully dressed) and tried on everything in the privacy of my own home. I settled on the amazing limited edition Jil Sander bikini above, which came exquisitely wrapped in their eco-friendly recycled packaging, and sent what didn't work back the next day. Easy peasy!

My next holiday trips are booked and i'm heading to Amsterdam and Florence in one week. Perhaps not the most tropical of destinations, but at least I'll look chic tanning in my garden when I get back and the temperature has gone up!

Click HERE to shop now xo


No comments:

Post a Comment