Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bananarama


Our flat mates donated a few (very) ripe bananas to us the other night so I decided to whip up some banana bread! I haven't baked banana bread in years but the recipe I put together was so quick and easy I thought I should share it with everyone. 

3 rip bananas, smashed.
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon 
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of spelt or brown all purpose flower

The original recipe called for a full cup of sugar but I cut that down to half and replaced it with more vanilla and cinnamon (use 1 tsp to start but add more to suit your taste), you can also try adding raisins, walnuts or chocolate chips!

Preheat the oven to 350F

With a wooden spoon, mix the butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla then sprinkle in the baking soda, salt and cinnamon and mix fully. Add in the flower last then pour into a 4-8 loaf pan and bake for approx 45 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment